crossfire help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertWolf01

Baseband Member
alright i have a 5770 and i was thinking about getting another one and do crossfire but i know very little about cross fire and dont even know if it would be worth doing. i was planing on selling my 8800gtx with an hr03 cooler on it since the 5770 is better. the main thing i am wanting to know is how much performance increase i would have and if it would be worth it.

crossfire usually gives pretty good performance increase, and you could probably get $50+ for the 8800gtx which would make the cost of a 5770 around $50 so I'd say go for it. If nothing else you'll have 2 gpu's which look sexy and important in my opinion. haha

yes and no. i feel like most games aren't going to get your cpu to near 100% load so you shouldn't really see a major downturn in performance. and plus cf 5770's would be pretty nice with a SB setup so if you're looking to more-future-proof your setup it wouldn't be a bad idea.

its a crappy one that came with a case my dad ordered but im using it cause my old 700w raidmax went bad

If your psu has 38+ amps on the +12v rail, then it should work, anything less then that I suggest you not to try.

A brand new Raidmax at any wattage is a crappy power supply, I'm scared to think what the substitute power supply is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom