Crossfire Calculations!!!! (I'm kind of happy/dissapointed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
After W/C my cpu I realised how cramped my case is getting. I thought xfire was out of the question considering how much space my AFTERMARKET HEATSINKED 8800 gt takes up and bumps into the tubing. but while taking a shower 2 mintues ago I was like "OMFG..."

I'm tarted... I quickly got a camera and a tiny orange ruler and did some intense "Calculations".

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02361.jpg

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

DSC02364.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

As you can see, the clearance seems to be good, The ruler was even sticking out about half an inch and still didn't touch my pump, And ya i did stick the ruler inbetween the accelero grills, hehe, perfect fit.

If the 4850 is roughly the same size as my 8800 gt with stock heatsink then I will wait till I see some good 4850 deals. Like 2 for $310 or something crazy and then "BAM"! I think I will wait untill about hmm.... mid august before I make my move...If prices haven't dropped any (which they may not, I'm just looking for maybe $150 4850's without taking MIR's into account I suppouse) then I will wait untill the first week of september to buy me some 4850 crossfire goodness.

The only reason I am dissapoitned is I will have my accelero, that I love so much, unused *sadface*
Could someone please measure out the L/W/H or find the measurments of a 4850? I know a bunch of you bought the awesome card...

And i thought abut 4870 crossfire, but other then the fact that it costs more, it really would just be bottlenecked and the increase isn't so great from 4850 crossfire to 4870 crossfire considering the price. But 1 4870.... who knows I may ditch my crossfire fantasies if the 1gb 4870 is sexilicous and cheap.

So opinons? Suggestions? Flames? All welcome!

As you can see, the clearance seems to be good, The ruler was even sticking out about half an inch and still didn't touch my pump, And ya i did stick the ruler inbetween the accelero grills, hehe, perfect fit.

Flames?

You lost me lol, what space did you need? and why are you going thru the heatsink?

I wanted to make sure I could fit dual 4850's before i splurged and bought them. I just now realised that I couldn't put an accelero on both of them and xfire, but I COULD use the stock coolers...

Buy one 4870, sell the 8800 with the Accelero, and then buy the second one. Simple. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom