Critique this setup please! I'm new to building :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaireEclipse

Beta member
Hi everyone, i'm fairly new to building computers, and i play a good deal of games. Also im looking into going towards 3D and animation so i was hoping some of you could steer me in the right direction. I spent many hours researching and looking at different items and crossreferrencing etc. so here it goes.

Case:Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS
PSU: OCZ / GameXStream / 700-Watt
Motherboard: Asus Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
CPU: 64 FX-60 / 2.60GHz
RAM: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400
HD: WD 100
HD: WD 100
OD: Lite-On Lite-on 16x DVD-ROM
OD: Lite-On Lite-on 16x DVD-ROM
Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4
Video: XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual GPU 520M Xtreme

Still not entirely sure about the HDD's i was considering a 10krpm but i think 7.2 is good enough for me 1 or 2 seconds wont make that much a difference i think lol. Um.... I was also considering that Thermaltake Mozart TX case and eventually modding up to some liquid cooling. Any advice is helpful, if this turns out to be a crappy setup i wont feel bad if you say so lol i'm a newb at this!

well i'll tell you its dumb to get an fx60....

go intel instead if your dishing out that kinda cash and get a e6700, it outperforms the fx60 by far

everything looks great in there, only i'd go for intel core 2 duo, only because its cheaper than amd for more performance.. only if you want sli, its very limited as of now.. pretty much only an asus board that doesnt oc... but if you don't wanna oc you could grab the e6700 like i suggested and wouldnt need to oc anyway... so if you wanted to consider that..

you could also pick up some ddr2 800 ram

Well, the X6800 is a big waste of money. E6600 is pretty freaking fast at 3.4Ghz. Fastest computer I've ever used. :classic:

Well even if you get the E6300 you cant still overclock it to 3.0Ghz with stock cooling and voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom