Criticize My PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think the one I have is a different one then I linked... Mine has the Turbo markings...

Edit: NVM it is the right one...

How is it bad, I mean the 12v rail is 35amps.

I have a friend who has that exact 520W Aspire PSU, he got it when building his PC and never bothered to ask me what good parts would be. I helped him set up his PC, and not only does the PSU look like a childs toy, but it is light as a feather. That is a sign of poor quality for PSU's. Get the one by FPS group.

I don't want your opinion on it's looks. How can you judge performance by weight? This thread is done... I have decided to keep my current PSU for now...

Because they don't use as good quality heatsinks, wires, caps, etc... Did you even read that PSU guide Static_11 posted?

No I must have missed that...

Edit: Just read it...

I don't remember my PSU being light weight...

Also Aspire isn't recommended nor is it not recommended in that guide.

003 said:
Because they don't use as good quality heatsinks, wires, caps, etc... Did you even read that PSU guide Static_11 posted?

I actualy wrote the PSU section, but If he doesn't care about quality then we should leave him be.

Ste said:
I actualy wrote the PSU section, but If he doesn't care about quality then we should leave him be.

I know. Sweet jelezus lol, what's the point of askin a question if you're gonna turn down the advice that like what, 4 of us have given him? :p

Newayz
Goodluck with your new rig ;)

And yes, psu's can very well be judged by weight.

psu company: "Hey guys, lets put some rocks in our products to weigh them down, so the guys at the tech forums will think it's a good psu."

honestly, I know usually more expensive psu's weigh more, but just because one is heavier than the other doesn't always mean it preforms any better.
Also, it isn't even that light, I've held my brother's and it doesn't feel too heavy nor too light.
He's not turning down the advice, but since he has a decent powersupply anywho, why spend money on another when it could go to something better.

I know the thread is pretty much over, sorry.

My Forton is so **** heavy. I was afraid it was gonna break my case 0_0...

Then again, I feel the same way about my HSF and motherboard...0_0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom