Creative X-Fi Sound Card Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

308tr6

Solid State Member
Just built my HTPC with X-Fi Extreme card - platinum and want to hook up to my theatre sound system (5.1). My AV receiver supports RCA inputs for multichannel sound, so my question is can I run the three soundcard mini-plug outputs to the RCA multichannel in and get 5.1 surround sound? I would have to get a mini plug that splits into left and right RCAs, so assume they make such a thing?

I know there is this DTS 610 option, but trying to avoid yet another **** box if I can. Thanks

Well, no replies, so I just bought 3 mini plug to RCA Y cables and it works fine (I didn't know they made these, but I guess it is obvious). The X-Fi software does allow an incredible amount of tweakage to a 5.1 setup. So if you have this card and are running a home theatre setup and have 6 discrete analog inputs for the 5.1 setup (I have a middle quality Sony A/V receiver) you can skip buying the DTS 610 for home theatre sound.

Am I the first one to post and respond to my own inquiry? Maybe I am the only one (major dumb question) who didn't know how to set this up... Sort of cyber talking to myself I guess. hmmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom