CPU'S comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazm33

Beta member
I am looking at purchasing a new desktop but i was wondering which cpu i should get?

AMD 64bit 3500+ or Intel Pentium 4 3.4ghz can you tell me advantages and disadvantages for both.

I am looking at running ATI 9700 Pro 256mb graphics card with 1024mb of DDRAM.

Thanks.

are you going to be using it for current generation gaming? the amd 3500 is going to work best for that but the p4 3.4 will be a better multi-tasker/video encoder. they each lack some of eachothers strong points.

just as naked said

if you plan on multitasking intel is the way to go

however if you plan on doing mostly gaming i would go with the amd

Thanks for that info can you please tell me what each of the processors will able/limit me to do.

I want to play current 3d games but also play music, dvds and homework for year 11 and 12 such as photoshop and illustrator.
I would also like to be able to create movies.

What graphics card would be better the 9700pro or 6600gt

Wat games can be run using ati 9700pro.

thanks,

PS. any reasons why desktops are better than laptops so i can tell me dad so i can buy my dream gaming/media computer

get the p4 3.4 with ht. get the 6600gt and overclock it... or get the 9700pro for higher resloutions but overall id personally go with the 6600gt since it is generally a better card however, the next generation of gaming will destroy you.

laptop gpu's can not generally be upgraded, their lcd screens usually cause ghosting so, you are screwed for gaming, and also alot of todays games are not laptop compatible either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom