CPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaplatz

Beta member
Hello, it has been about 6 years since I built a new computer, some things never change, but some things do. One thing I would appreciate some help understanding is the changes in CPU's.

It used to be really simple for selecting a new cpu to install. Intel or AMD, cache, and cpu freq rates. Now with HT, Dual Core, Multi Core, and 64 bit operating, things have come down to more complicated choice.

If someone could explain those technologies i listed, which are superiour, and which are out dated. What I need for my next computer ect.

My computer needs are that of a high end user, I do gaming, video editing, programming and compilation ect. so i dont want to spend money on a cpu that isnt gunna cut it.

Thanks!

well dualcore is practically two chips in one, quad is 4 in one, and 64 bit opperating is the os you install ie windows vista 64bit. i dont reccoment 64b6it, becuase of driver and program compatitbility issues, but there are many good thing, like more then 3.5 gigs recognized. If its in your budget, get a q6600 quadcore. they run a little under 300 last i checked. Make sure whichever you get, to get a compatible motherboard and ram.

Vista 64bit is the best windows 64 bit OS around at the moment, most stuff works so 64bit is fine if your planning on purchasing more than 3GBs RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom