CPU-Z Results Questions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2006, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default CPU-Z Results Questions

I have used this CPU-Z program and I am amazed of the information it shows. ^_^ Here are some of my questions..

Guys what is a CPU Multiplier? Is this related to the speed of the CPU to the memory? Is this x20 ok or should I lower it? Where will I lower it? Please give me an clear explanation. Thanks very much.

How will I determine the timings of my memory below in terms of for example "2-2-2-2" something like that? And what is the good timings for a DDR 400? (planning to buy).. And also if you can explain what is CAS# latency, RAS# to CAS# latency, RAS# Precharge and Cycle Time?

512MB DDR333

256MB DDR333

Your kind reply is greatly appreciated. :P

Old 06-03-2006, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

A Multiplier is umm how to say it, its well the multiplier of the FSB which decides the final speed of you'r cpu clock [as we call it Giga Hertz or Mega Hertz] so like if the FSB is 200 and you'r multipliers are set on 15 you'll get 3000MHz [or 3GHz].
Generaly the lower [in most cases] you can set you'r multiplier, the more overclock you can achieve and still keep stability.

CAS# RAS# And all those other Latencys are simply the time it takes to access the RAM, so the lower - the better.

A good timing is anything below 2.5 in the CAS Latency.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to PZEROFGH

Your timings on the ram is, 2.0-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-7 as for stock. But to find out the real timings that you are running at, you should look under the Memory tab.
AIM/Xfire - pzerofgh
Old 06-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

the multiplier is....um.....isnt it like.......hm........how should i put this. k you have, for example, 200MHz FSB speed right, and let say the multiplier is at 15, so, basically data is transfered 15 at a time at 200MHz, am i saying this right guys?
Old 06-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Well I also said I don't really know how to put the definition of the multipliers, but it multiplies the speed of you'r CPU XD .. its good enogh rofl.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Originally posted by Yoad
Well I also said I don't really know how to put the definition of the multipliers, but it multiplies the speed of you'r CPU XD .. its good enogh rofl.
ok. FSB Speed X Multiplier = CPU Speed.

My Gaming Desktop
Abit IP35-E

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 (Thermalright Ultra-120)
Mushkin 2x2GB DDR800 RAM

eVGA GeForce 8800GTS
Creative X-Fi Gamer Edition
Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7,200RPM
Western Digital Caviar 640GB 7,200RPM
OCZ 720W ModStream
Lian Li PC-7A
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Closed Thread

« Opty 165 | unsure »