Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I currently have this setup:
KN8 SLI mobo
x1600pro 512mb
2gb ram
AMD 64bit 3200+ (939)
i want to upgrade it. I am strictly a gamer, especially FPS.
I want to get a X2 4200+ cpu. will this really speed up my pc?
Will my video card be holding me back? do i need more ram?
My Power supply is only 450w. . . will that be ok? What do u guys think i should upgrade to get the best FPS? I work a minimum wage job, so i cant spend a super lot lol. Please wirte back and tell me what u guys thinh, thanks :D

Well I would get an X2 3800 to save money but if you want to see the most frames for your money go for a video card..but then again about the same as your going to pay for a CPU you won't get much better of a video card than you have. I would upgrade to ax X2 3800 manchester first to see how it goes.

You don't need more ram, and a 450W power supply is enough. I think to you should upgrade your graphic card, to get those frames.

Get a 7900GT, you should see a big improvement, and you could always get a x2 4200 aswell because there so cheap now.

If hes going to get any CPU might as well go an X3800 Manchester or something. If he wants alot better frames then a 7900GS.

not much difference between the 3800 and 4200 .2 ghz and 74 dollar difference i say go with 3800 and if you can get a better video card for sure

how do u even overclock CPU? can anyone send me a link? i might tweak mine a bit. If im gunna get a new 1, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom