CPU temps water vs. fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techguru75

Baseband Member
I'm trying to get a feel for what most other people are experiencing with their cpu and board temps. I am concerned because I don't think I am getting the most out of my water cooling system. After putting some stress on my system last night, I saw some temps I don't think I should have seen with water cooling. My cpu got up to 104F and my board got to 98F. Granted that was while playing CoD2, but with water cooling, I kind of think it should have been lower.

Thoughts? Comments?

Also, if you guys could let me know what you have experienced with temps in a water cooled system, that would be excellent!

My fx-57 is oCed to 3.2ghz on a modified watercooling kit. My Load temp is about 34-36*C.I have your same CPU in another computer that runs on air cooling and does about 35*C but it isnt overclocked.

I have not OC'd yet, as this is a new system, I am going to optimize the WCing first.

My load temps were:

CPU - 41*C
Board - 37*C

This seems high for water cooling. I would think the temps would stay in the low 30s even under full load without OCing. What do you think?

Techguru75 said:
I have not OC'd yet, as this is a new system, I am going to optimize the WCing first.

My load temps were:

CPU - 41*C
Board - 37*C

This seems high for water cooling. I would think the temps would stay in the low 30s even under full load without OCing. What do you think?
if it is new give it a little time to "burn in" the processor and the thermal compound. my oced 3700+ runs at a maxium 35*C under 100% load (28* C idle) but i do have an aftermarket heatsink fan, Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

EDIT: only oced the 3700 to 2.31 so far

I spoke with TT technical support and they said that my load temps were good. They said that most people were hitting around 45*C, and mine were a few degrees lower than normal.

Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom