cpu temps high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which method did you use for applying the thermal paste? You can either spread it around the surface with a card/your finger in plastic bag, OR you can put a blob in the middle and let the cooler squash against it and spread it automatically.

I think alot of people are saying it's better to let the cooler spread the paste to reduce air bubbles. So don't spread it yourself in other words. I did this with my gpu, and it never goes over 60 even under heavy load. But I haven't tried it with a cpu.

xdantespardax

I had it overclovked and stable at 3.5, and 3.7. But because the temps were on the high end, i returned all settings to default by pressing the buyton to do so in bios.

I used the spread it around w/finger method. Used less t/p than before, and now the temps are higher than before. Maybe not enough.

Still confused... You did manually change volts correct... I'm slow today, so Yes or No please.
Default automatically ups the voltage by itself... well most do anyway.

Oh no.... finger..... BAD the oils in your skin can kill it. Just use a pea/rice siize dab in the center of the chip and let the heat sink squish it out itself.

No, I did not put the voltages back. I checked tjem after I reset the bios, and they were at stock settings. Only one I touched to overclock was cpu votlage. That has gone back to stock automaticaly, 1.232v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom