CPU Temp VS Core Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
My CPU Temp is around 28C while idling, and my Cores (#1, #2, #3, and #4) are idoling around 40-45C. I don't really get why, and it's really making me concerned.

I have Core i7 920, my revision is D0.

On a side note, VREG is around 45C idling as well.

Thanks!!!

The cpu temp is the temperature of the cpu socket, not the cpu. The CPU Core temps are the actual temperatures of each cpu core. The i7 is a quad core cpu, which basically means it has 4 cpu's/cores built into 1 chip.

You mention vreg so I'm assuming you have a EVGA mobo. What model is the mobo and what heatsink are you using?

Thanks for the speedy responses!

I sure do have that Mobo, X58 SLI LE. I am using the program that came with it. It is suppose to measure temps, and to help you Overclock aswell. I forget what it's called as I'm on a different computer.

I am using the CoolerMaster V8, I think this is what you are talking about to cool my CPU.

Using 3 temp detectors, my cpu is at 25C, and my cores are at 40,41,40,37, respectively.

I have no idea...?

Which program is telling you your cpu is at 25C? I'd say that's the one that's wrong.

If you downloaded realtemp and hwmonitor, check the core temps they advertise. If they're very close (e.g. realtemp says 40,40,39,39 and hwmonitor says 41,40,42,39) then I'd say they're correct readings. The only dodgy reading is coming from whatever program is telling you the whole cpu temp.

PC wizard says 41,41,40,40

realtemp says 41,40,40,38

EVGA E-Leet Tuning Utility says 41,40,40,39, WITH CPU at 25C..

So once again, I dunno. This is under no load aswell. (mozzila)

G2g to bed, thanks soulphire, will return tommorow.

Look at what Slay said. It's NOT the temp of the CPU, it's the temp of the socket, that's why it's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom