CPU temeratures

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I overclocked my Athlon 64 3000+ Venice, as some of you know to 2.7 completely stable. I ran prime95 for a few hours and my CPU tempuratures hit a max of 51*C. This is obviously a bit to high so I was looking into a watercooling kit. I really don't know much about them and don't want to spend to much money on cooling. I was looking at this one in particular. Is it worth it or should I save a couple of bucks and go with something like the XP-120? Which one would give me better results?

Thanks

I recommend not spending that much money into water cooling, when you can get a Schythe Ninja, Big Typhoon, or a CNPS9500. Any one of those will really drop your temps. For about half the price.

Also hows you're cable management, having alot of cable hanging in your case can reduce airflow, making everything in the case hotter.

i dont want to steal you thread or anyhting..but what is the normal temp for the cpu?

Yea I know about the case clutter, I have pretty much every spare wire shoved into the 5 1/4 bays. Also I only have one case fan blowing out the side, I need to get better airflow going on in my case.

there are many programs around that tell you.

Everest,Speed Fan... or just look in you Bios under PC HEALTH STATUS

i wouldnt. depending on your mothered i would get the xp120 or si120 or the zalman cnps9500. Ive got a xp120 and not once in the year ive had it has it went over 40C running at almost 2.6ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom