CPU Questoin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at what type of socket the mobo has, and what socket the processor has. If they are both s939 then they are. The mobo in your sig and that Opty will be compatible. I'm assuming that that Opty is s939 though.

Yeah, sorry for stealing your thread a little john. :)

nitestick said:
i know, in your case i reccomend the opteron 165. however earlier in the thead cyrax was questioning whether he should get one. sorry if you think i was hi-jacking the thread.

Yeah, I'm not keen on OC straight away if it will void my warranty. I might actually go for the x2 4400+, since it will last me longer.

i think ocing is definitely worth it, i mean you buy an opteron and oc it to the speed of like a 4800, or minimum 4400, and can reach speeds of or higher than an FX 60. ANd with all the pros on this forum, like Ryan, 003, Reggie, you cant go wrong.

If you don't plan on OC at all, definitely get the 3800+.
If you have some interest in OC, get the Opteron 165.

I had to reset the timings on my RAM to get my Opteron 165 to overclock, but I got it up to 2.7GHz on stock air/cooling.
But I toned it down to 2.5GHz so I can use stock voltage... I've got no need for 2.7GHz at the moment (don't like having the extra temps from increasing the voltage, because my graphics card already has the crap overclocked outta it)

The stock heating on the Opteron165 is nice as well... way better than the X2 3800+

Also... if you've got the money, you might want to look into the X2 4400+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom