CPU Questoin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All DFI NF4 Lanparty series of motherboards support Opterons as far as I know. The Ultra-D, SLI-D, SLI-DR, and the SLI Expert all support Opterons, most s939 motherboards support Opterons. Either the Opty 165 or the 3800+ will work fine. At stock the 3800+ plays single threaded games fine and plays great on multiple-threaded games. In AMD cores the 2 x 1mb cache doesn't help all that much over 2 x 512kb in games.

oh so, any mobo tht says s939 supports Opte right? uggh this is so frustrating, i really dont want to screw up.

Any 939 can use Opteron 1xx series. (some need to be flashed that are old).

Don't use Artic silver unless your using your own heatsink. The stock heatsink already has thermal paste on it.

Thermalright has good heatsinks.

nitestick said:
if it is an NF4 LanParty UT it should support s939 opterons.

if you are not overclocking you would probably be better off with the 3800+ because around our part of the world (NZ/Australia) the 3800+ is significantly cheaper than the opteron 165.

The Opty is only $40 more expensive over here. That's why I've got a hard decision too, of picking an Opty or the 3800+. I've already got my mobo, and it's s939.

IM going to OC so i was told to get thermal paste, and you can never have it 2 cool. so basically the 165 is compatible with any 939 socket mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom