cpu question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

In Runtime
Okay so the dual core CPUs seem nice and all but i am questionable as to why to spend more on them over single core. Are games coming really going to benefit that much from the dual core?

I have read a few too many reviews showing the 4000+ san diego beating the hell out of the 3800+ but I have reason to believe the two cores will be used soon making their performance boost up by 50% or so.

what is the real situation? im not too positive...

Yes the games are going to be utilizing both cores, especially the unreal engine 3 i believe.

remeber 2>1 :D

It's true that the 4000+ will beat the X2 3800+, but when engines start being optimized for dual core cpus, then the X2 3800+ will chew up the 4000+ and spit it out, like bad tasting gum.

Dual core is definately the way to go. Even FEAR is optimized for dual-core CPUs, and its only going to get more and more in the future. As demanding as today's games are getting, you can't afford not to have the very best.

right now there are no games out that actually benefit greatly to dual core setups. BUT, if I knew what I know now, I would've made a junker PC for a few games I currently like and waited a year or two to get a solid setup when we start dealing with multi-cored CPU's. Actually, IMO, dual core is like a stepping stone. The way marketing goes, I think they'll skip right over dual core setups and begin with 4 core programming...

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom