cpu options - i'm lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can probably pick up a q6600 dirt cheap and just get one of those new thermalright ultra bite off heatsinks for a bit more and easily hit 3ghz on stock volts. I was able to get mine as far as 3.15ghz on stock voltage.

i have 150-155mm from the top of the cpu to the side of my case

sounds good but would a Q6600 at 3ghz beat a Q9450 at stock, i would make that a even fight (Q9450 for fitting ghz because of 45nm ect)

A good cooler and q6600 is going to get you 3.4-3.6 with ease, the 9450 you'll be pushing the motherboard very hard to get 3.4.

i would not be pushing it that hard like i said if i do oc it will be slight

maby 0.2 - 0.4 ghz max

But the q6600 overclocks so well....

:rolleyes: i know but i'm not a OCer the only thing i did was a sepron from 2 to 2.1 which was ment to be a 2.4 either way

ok the place i am buying them cpu from jsut got the Q9450 in stock so i'm down for one of them, thanks guys

What do you mean you are not an OC'er? If you are not an OC'er then buy an AMD. The Q6600 is a CPU you have to OC.

In fact, I'll send you my mobo and CPU, and you send me your DS3R and $100 and you will be a happy man. Dual core at 3.00 Ghz.

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS! :freak:

i've had AMD in my last 2 build's and yet my grans P4 system is faster then them both so it's time for a change and its decided on a Q9450 :p

Wow there still exists non core 2 overclockers....how in the ****.

Well solidsteve my outdated E6300 will be faster than your Q9450 then since it is clocked almost a ghz faster regardless of it's half cores and more than half cache heh.

Yep people always get ****ed at my E6300 as it's still ridiculously fast even after almost 2 years....haha it's just really comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom