CPU hit 110*C Today... (230*F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
Well, It seems to be operating normally..

But anyways, I recieved my new super fast DVD RAM RW with LS drive today, and installed it but forgot to prime my pump and rid it of air bubbles. 5 minutes later I looked over and saw my CPUI was at 110*C which is a whopping 230*F. I did a force down and quickle toutched the water block and make sure I wasn't seeing bogus readings, and seriously burnt my finger. I'm just wondering if you think there will be any damage to the system at all?

I hate the Bigwater SE now XD

Also, are their any water pumps out there that are not affected by air bubbles?

Is the Bigwater a Thermaltake? If it is never get a Thermaltake Watercooling kit I've heard. I don't like watercooling that much as a lot of times a good air cooler cools better on the CPU.

i cant believe it went five minutes without roasting. lucky lucky. run some stress tests on the cores for a night. if it passes, i say you are okay.
sorry bout the finger, though.

Any water cooler will maintain lower temperatures at load and will not fluctuate as much as an air cooler.

But yeah, Bigwaters are known to be trashy, they have issues with water block tops cracking and pumps randomly dying before they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom