Cpu heatsink compatible with Vengeance ram?

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
I am building my first computer, the process is going painfully slow since I am doing a lot of research and question asking so that I don't run into as many problems when I actually put it together. This leads me into my question, I have Corsair Vengeance ram (2x4gb kit) which is high profile and I would like to get a CPU heatsink for a 3570k on a ASrock Z77 extreme4. I am going with air not water since this will be mostly for aesthetics and not overclocking. I know that clearance is an issue and I would also like it to perform as well. I would prefer a black heatsink with black fans but that isn't necessary, the color scheme of the Be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced would be perfect but it doesn't seem to ship to the United States. If anybody knows of a heatsink that will look good, perform and is less then say 70 dollars and fit with Corsair Vengeance ram, I would appreciate the help. I know this is very specific and probably impossible to find but thats why I asked this forum, because its the best. Also any questions or suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Albeit obviously pointless since there is no OCing, I believe water cooling (custom and AIO) looks much better than a bulky piece of metal taking up space.

Albeit obviously pointless since there is no OCing, I believe water cooling (custom and AIO) looks much better than a bulky piece of metal taking up space.
Wow I derped big time, the h100i is only $100. I was ready to pay almost that for a heatsink. I will just put the stock heatsink on until I get the money, and the knowledge (watercooling scares me since this is my first build) to use it. I know at this point I don't plan on overclocking but I would like to have the option if I find myself needing it in the future. Hey man sorry for wasting a thread, I never even thought to price the h100i because I thought it was a couple hundred dollar solution.

Wow I derped big time, the h100i is only $100. I was ready to pay almost that for a heatsink. I will just put the stock heatsink on until I get the money, and the knowledge (watercooling scares me since this is my first build) to use it. I know at this point I don't plan on overclocking but I would like to have the option if I find myself needing it in the future. Hey man sorry for wasting a thread, I never even thought to price the h100i because I thought it was a couple hundred dollar solution.
Custom water is that much. The AIO Corsair H series is literally as simple to use as the basic heatsink except to me even easier with an Intel rig. Just get the H80 as it will be plenty for any OCing you might want to do at first. I had a 3960x at 4.5GHz 24/7 on the H50.

Just for clarification, the loop is closed. All you do is mount the base to the CPU and the rad to a fan on the case and you're done. No messing with water or anything.

Back
Top Bottom