CPU heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kraut

In Runtime
Would it be worth it too buy a better heatsink for my cpu instead of using the stock heatsink and fan? I dont have too much more money to spend and i found this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835150010
but no one oh TF seems to have said anything about it. I would like to OC at some point but would it be wiser to wait, use the stock cooling and then later buy a better heatsink and fan? Thanks for the help guys.

The heatsink and fan that comes with the processor are fine. But if your going to do any overclocking then you should defenately get another one. Zalman makes the best ones.

I should just use the one that it comes with and then later upgrade to a better one? Would it be worth it to buy the ZALMAN CNPS9500. Thanks

Those XP-90 are sick looking, totally cool. Would it be hard to install this after alittle while using the stock one or should i buy it now and install it first?

If you currently have the money, there is no use in waiting if you know you are going to buy it anyways. It would be far easier to install the new heatsink first so you don't have to go through the annoying process of removing your old heatsink to replace it with a new one, and risking bending your processor pins when pulling the heatsink off.

::-Chase-::

You only risk bending them if you put to much thermal paste on in the first place and the heatsink rips the CPU out of the socket....

i would stay with the stock one until you have enough money masscool is not good. its a $10 heatsink the one from amd is beter you can do some mild o/c on a stock heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom