CPU Heat Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinzou

Beta member
Hello,

I was hoping I could get some help/advice regarding my situation.

I currently have:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T CPU
Coolmaster V6

When I first installed these two together about a year and a half ago. My idle temps were around 40c, and my load would be 48-50c when playing games. This past month and a half my temps have drastically went up and my idle is 50c and load 55c when playing games. I've used speedfan, coretemp, and checked my bios and they all are the same temp.

My solutions that i've tried were:

Cleaning out pc (normally do every month or so). Re applied thermal paste, and remounted. Still same results. Tried multiple attempts and still no change. Even retried my old stock cpu cooler, and get a lil more higher by 1-3c. Air flow is good, fans running good, tried different thermal compounds(arctic and silicone). Made sure the mounting brackets where tight and not getting loose. The V6 itself isn't that warm by touch, even by the base fins.

Side note, I don't overclock anything in my computer. Mainly due to not that experienced.

Currently i'm kinda stumped at what the cause might be. Is it possible my cpu is giving out on me? should I even be worried about the increase in temp?

I appreciate your time and effort. Thank you.

Yeah, if your room temp went up thay could be the problem.im usually idle at 38-39c during winter but in summer it gets to like 85 degrees in my room and during the northeast heatwave last summer my room was pushing 95+ with an air conditioner on full blast.i just had my pc off for that entire week since i was idling at like 63c..if you know your room is going to get hot position an ac near your pc, keep thay part of your room cold as possible

Well that could be it, its basically just switching over from winter to spring/summer now.

I'm assuming from your answers that this temp for my cpu isn't bad, or something I shouldn't be concerned about.

Thanks a bunch, appreciate the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom