CPU or GPU Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qblake

Baseband Member
I have a computer with a AMD Athlon II X4 620 anda ATi Radeon HD 5770 that I use mainly to play the Half-Life 2 series. I play on a 1920x1080 HDTV and the framerate is usually at 60 or above. My problem is when something is on fire in the game it lags like crazy, once it even gave me a BSOD. I was wondering if I would be better suited by a CPU or GPU upgrade. Thanks for any help!!

If you get problems with certain graphical stuff, I recommend updating your graphics drivers to the latest (if it's not already) and see if that makes any difference, before deciding to buy stuff.

But the best option there would be upgrade the GPU, I think.

I don't see how that gpu could have any problem with half-life at all.

I don't think that's it man. Did you upgrade your drivers like instructed?

Yeah, I updated, the problem is still there. I was playing Garry's Mod with my cusion today, we were screwing around with nukes, and the framerate was never above 60. I dunno if it would matter but I was hosting the server.

I think its the game not your GPU. I mean Considering how old Half life is there's not way that a 5770 wouldn't be able to handle it, could be a problem in the games code that they never fixed. You should try other games if you have to see if this problem happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom