CPU fan question in middle of build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheeppOSU

Solid State Member
Ok I got all my parts today so I am finally building my pc. The motherboard is Gigabyte P35-DS3R and cpu fan is tuniq tower 120. The motherboard has a 4 pin slot and the tuniq tower has a 3 pin connecter. I think I remember reading you can still use it. Is that ok or do I need to get an adapter or use one of the other slots on the motherboard?

Its still early I may have a ton of questions by tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

If you use a molex adapter it will be at full speed. I plugged my TR ultra's fan into the cpu-fan plug and it worked fine (3 prong) but didnt have enough speed so i just hooked it up full power to a molex.

Connect the Fan's 3 Pin to the motherboard's 3 Pin fan connector if you want to use a program to control the speed of the Tuniq Tower 120mm fan. If not, and you want it to go at full speed, connect it to a 4 Pin molex connector.

Hmmmm for the other fans like the case fans, do u use both molex and then the pins that connects to the mobo? because i do on mine, im using both for the ones with the led lights fans cuz it has both molex and the pin ones that connects to the mobo. will it damage anything?

even though the tuniq is 3 pin it will still fit into a 4 pin slot on the motherboard there should be platsic uprises so it only allows u to put it in the correct way.
also mines 2100 aswell

Ok I connected it to the 4pin on the mb. I assume I will just keep it at full speed. I had not planned on adjusting the fan speed. Are there any drawbacks to just running it at full speed I should know about? I was going to attempt and try some overclocking once everything is up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom