CPU fan choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knerrmj

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, hopefully to become many.

I'm building a new multipurpose rig for gaming, audio, video editing and just about everything else.

I can't decide on what kind of fan I want to use.

Currently I have picked a P4 650 processor on an Asus P5LD2 mobo.

Is this a good combo or should I try something else and what kind of fan would be best.

It should run cool and quite. I've got a couple of room mates here in the barracks and I don't want to anoy them continuously with fan noise.

I don't plan on overclocking anything. Hell, maybe the fan included with the P4 will do, who knows?

Any recommendations would be great, thanks.

I have a Zalman 7700 CU - it 's very quiet. Click here to see it.

In my computer case, the other fans are louder than the cpu cooler.. Hope this helps... :)

That Zalman fan is pretty awesome. I'll definitely go with that one. I was looking at it before with a load of others and it was high on top of the list before.

I was greatly considering a Pentium D for a while but halfway decided that it didn't fit my style as much. I like to keep the desktop clean and only do a few things at a time. My multitasking is kept to a minimum. Maybe an mp3 player and a photo editor maybe a few browser windows running at the same time. Granted though it would work great with video editing but then again I'm only going to do simple home video and DVD not big time production.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I will keep you all posted on the progress and put a shopping list up shortly for a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom