Cpu For ddr4 Under $500

slimmer57

Beta member
I would like a intel i7 processor and a powerfull one and only want to spend between $500-$600 but i need DDR4

Any help or suggestions? Also good EVGA Graphics cards DDR4 HD under $300-$400 please help

Why do you specifically need an i7? And why specifically Skylake/DDR4?

Also, GPU's run GDDR5 lately - not DDR4. For that price range you'll be looking at a GTX 970.

Why do you specifically need an i7? And why specifically Skylake/DDR4?

Also, GPU's run GDDR5 lately - not DDR4. For that price range you'll be looking at a GTX 970.

Just what i have been looking at and would it be better to get ddr5 mother board and ram also? and processor? and intel i7 is just something i want

DDR5 isn't out.

"Want" and "need" are 2 different things. If this is a gaming build, then an i7 will give no benefit at all and you'd be better off saving cash and going with an i5.

Take your pick, these are pretty much the only processors that support DDR4, don't cost an arm and a leg. But you also must have a motherboard that supports the CPU and of course DDR4 RAM...
Computer Hardware, CPUs / Processors, Processors - Desktops, Intel - Newegg.com

To be honest, it's kinda stupid to be looking at DDR4 for system memory right now, it offers NO, absolutely NO benefit over DDR3 right at this moment for pretty much... everything.

Last edited:
Take your pick, these are pretty much the only processors that support DDR4, don't cost an arm and a leg. But you also must have a motherboard that supports the CPU and of course DDR4 RAM...
Computer Hardware, CPUs / Processors, Processors - Desktops, Intel - Newegg.com

To be honest, it's kinda stupid to be looking at DDR4 for system memory right now, it offers NO, absolutely NO benefit over DDR3 right at this moment for pretty much... everything.

Completely Agee with this, At the speed of DDR3 the faster DDR4 won't make a bit of difference, What will you be using the system for?

+1, you don't need the latest and greatest to game man. If I'm still running DDR3 that means it's perfectly fine for all applicable needs because DDR4 doesn't do squat for performance.

You need to be a bit more specific with your budget. Do you need ALL parts under 500 or just mobo/CPU/RAM under 500 and GPU itself under 500? Is this a gaming rig?

Back
Top Bottom