cpu cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hi all
i was wondering if the heatsink Compound usualy comes with the cpu?i got my opte170 but with no compound....do you think it would be ok just to use the heatsink and the fan only?

I dont believe that you get a tube of themal compound with the stock heatsink/fans, but you do get a thermal pad, which would work just fine for normal use, but if you want cooler temps or want to overclock, you would probably get an aftermarket cooler and, like tobes said, some AS5.

normally there is a thermal pad on the bottom of the HSF with some plastic over it, this is the thermal compound

Vybuni said:
I dont believe that you get a tube of themal compound with the stock heatsink/fans, but you do get a thermal pad, which would work just fine for normal use, but if you want cooler temps or want to overclock, you would probably get an aftermarket cooler and, like tobes said, some AS5.
so do you think using the thermal pad would do for now?

the thermal pad is fine. why else would they even include it if it wasnt sufficient? AS5 IMO is definitely the way to go, but stock cooling using the stock thermal pad is fine.

with my stcok everything on the AThlon 64 i havent gone above 40 degrees C under full load so you will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom