CPU Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, or if you're on a tight budget the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

Thermal compound is VERY important. Get MX-2, its supposed to be the best. If you can't find that anywhere, get regular Arctic Silver 5.

dont get the maximus formula. It wont allow you to set fsb:dram freq ratios manually. The fsb and dram freq are linked no matter what you do. Get the quad gt. or ask ste what he has, I think that is his board

so if you plan on going really high fsb on your e8400 then your ram will need to run at the same speed. (I am running 500fsb on my e8400 right now, and I had to slow up my ram ALOT to get it to run at 1000mhz)

as for cooling, what he ^ said.

dont get the maximus formula. It wont allow you to set fsb:dram freq ratios manually. The fsb and dram freq are linked no matter what you do. Get the quad gt. or ask ste what he has, I think that is his board

so if you plan on going really high fsb on your e8400 then your ram will need to run at the same speed. (I am running 500fsb on my e8400 right now, and I had to slow up my ram ALOT to get it to run at 1000mhz)

as for cooling, what he ^ said.

k well i have no idea what ur talkin abot, Explain
i have this ram i think
Corsair 2GB XMS2-8500D Dominator TWIN2X Dual Channel DDR2 Kit (2 x 1GB) at Memory Express Computers
and already have the mobo

k well i have no idea what ur talkin abot, Explain
i have this ram i think
Corsair 2GB XMS2-8500D Dominator TWIN2X Dual Channel DDR2 Kit (2 x 1GB) at Memory Express Computers
and already have the mobo

well you are set. I thought you had ddr2-800 ram.

When you up the fsb on the maximus, you have to up the speed of the ram freq as well. They are linked to each other. Most motherboards you can unlink them, but some of the new x38's you cant. But your ram freq is already at 500 or a little more, so it wont matter for you. Unless you are gonna run your e8400 at higher than 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom