A CPU cooler that can fit in an NZXT tempest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Sorry about making another thread about CPU coolers but the question is a tad different now.

I was told to get the OCZ vendetta 2, it's only £26( my max is £35 for a cooler but i'd much prefer it to be £30 or under) and is meant to be really good. However in a review of it the reviewer talked about how huge it was and how it barely fit in his big full tower case, also that it blocked off RAM slots 1 and 2 on three different mobos he tried, so no dual channel.

Can anyone think of an ok cooler that will fit in the tempest without me having to take off the side fan and that wont block ram slots off? I want to OC my Q6600 to 3ghz, maybe 3.2ghz but i'll probably stick to 3, i'm not a serious Ocer i just want it to stay nice and cool.

Anyone got any ideas?

ull find the tempest is huge, it is like a mid full tower. any hsf will fit in there. you could go with a true 120 cooler which is slighty better in the reviews ive seen. not sure how prices compare for u i live in australia.

ok thanks alot, now i just hope the ram slots wont get blocked by the heatsink, i've heard on a review they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom