CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric1

In Runtime
I'm building a gaming computer for my Co-Worker. He has a budget of $1,000 to build. I'm trying to save him money without sacrificing too much performance. My main concern right now is the heatsink and fan. We were looking at using the Q8400 processor, but I'm wondering if I should stick with the stock heatsink and fan? He will not be overclocking. If not stock what would be a better CPU cooler that is cost effective?

I'm building a gaming computer for my Co-Worker. He has a budget of $1,000 to build. I'm trying to save him money without sacrificing too much performance. My main concern right now is the heatsink and fan. We were looking at using the Q8400 processor, but I'm wondering if I should stick with the stock heatsink and fan? He will not be overclocking. If not stock what would be a better CPU cooler that is cost effective?

If they're not overclocking, and ambient temperatures in the PC's soon-to-be room are decent, just stick with stock.

Agreed, if he's not overclocking the stock hsf will be fine. I recently put together a new rig with a Q8400, I will say the heatsink is pretty darn small (about half the size of Intel's older standard heatsinks). That being said it still shouldn't be a problem.

well under the stock heatsink my dads q9450 ran at about 45C idle and would hit about 65C under a full load. that's in a crappy case tho. and the q8400 will be a cooler running cpu. so yes the stock solution will be fine for non overclocking.

Great I guess I will stick with stock, that should save some money. Thanks for your reply's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom