Which CPU is Better Or would you Recommend? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Default Re: Which CPU is Better Or would you Recommend?

Well I don't know what the big deal is anyways

Who cares if q6600 is a little higher in FPS than Phenom 9850 (or vice Versa)

Who cares if AMD is better at some rendering program than Intel is... its just a few seconds or a few FPS, on games as long as its playable its what counts, and people aren't going to cry that they spent an extra 8 seconds or something, who cares if AMD has double the bandwidth than Intel does on Sandra

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 05-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Originally Posted by Drizzt5 View Post

Just people saying it runs smoother...

My opteron 180, bless its little soul , didn't feel any smoother then my friends c2d... Or at least I didn't notice it...

I never gamed on a phenom comp, so i can't say from personal experience how it differs from my q6600, but this sounds like a load of horse ****. The fps is what makes it smooth, i don't understand how if your running one processor over another its going to game "smoother"...
I don't think it is. There are a lot of people (high-end reviewers even) that have said the Phenom's run smoother

Phenom 9850 BE @ 3570Mhz with CrossHair2 Formula - Page 3 - XtremeSystems Forums
Originally Posted by Tony
some live and die by this bench...i was just comparing like for like with the same cpu speed.

Im going to quote what i said in my thread....Phenom seems to run games better...slower, yes, but smoother, and im getting this info from tier 1 video card reviewers who bench all the games.

So if the FPS matter to you then yes go Intel, but i believe most like smoothness under full load and this is where Phenom seems to be better.

Also drivers for the ATI cards will get better and performance will increase, most games are getting GPU limited again, so there is more to come thru driver.

Im all for speed, but I want smoothness also and going by what im hearing amd seem to have the edge.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I got the Q6600 and the HS thirdshiftdj just posted, OC'ing my chip at 3.6 atm easily.

Closed Thread