cpu $?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so a couple of months ago, i was looking at pieces & parts for a computer for my daughter. when i looked at cpu's, i was flabbergasted to see the price of 1st & 2nd generation intel i5's. how can they still get the same price for 1st gen as they do for 6th gen? there can not be a high enough demand for replacement old cpu's, can there?

Old parts inflate as demand and supply drop. It's pretty common with PC parts. That's why I tell people when the new gen comes out if you want a deal on the gen going out get it before the price inflates high for new stuff. First gen i5 can be had for like 50 bucks used though.

i really only looked because i thought i could save a few bucks. i did end up saving more than i figured though. newegg had a shell shocker deal on a complete computer kit for $369.00 with an i5 6400 cpu. initially i actually ordered her a refurbished computer. but it came banged up from shipping. and they sold out of it right away. so a couple of weeks later, this came along, and i pulled the trigger on it. its for Christmas, it aught to make her happy. i was going to leave it in parts, and have her help assemble it. but this is the third computer i have built, and i still get a little stressed, so i figured i would just go ahead and build it. also no surprises. she can open it, we can swap out her old one, and be up and running in 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom