CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZimmy

Baseband Member
Hi people.
I bought new graph. card few months ago and during upcoming 4 months I'm going to upgrade my MB, CPU, RAM and maybe new case.
So the question is - I've heard about those new 6 cores CPU so I wanna ask - can I get powerful 4 cores CPU for lower price then 6 cores one?
Or what do you guys think? 6 cores or 4 cores? + are there any probĺems with 6 cores, is it compatible with Win XP?
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
DZimmy

well which 6 core cpus are you talking about? both intel and amd have some available now; intel's i7 980x and amd's 1090t and 1055t.

Intel's is over a thousand dollars though. The 1055T is at a pretty solid price, though if all you're doing is gaming and general use there isn't much point to a hexa-core. They excel in mutli-threaded programs, like CAD, 3D modeling, and things like that.

Well I was talkin about AMDs, 1055T, reasonable price.
Weird is the price is same high as better x4, so I'm not sure if it's better to buy x6 or x4.
So what do you guys say - is it better to buy x4 or x6 for almost the same price?
It just feels to me the x4 has to be more powerful. It's both around $250. I'm thinking about AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition and AMD Phenom II X6 1055T.
Anyways what best CPU I can get for like $270?
I'll be buying it in about 4 months as I said so prices will be different but I'm curious.
And about the 6 cores one, I'm just suspicious, you know, it just started, I dunno if it will be compatible with games, Win XP and stuff....

Intel's is over a thousand dollars though. The 1055T is at a pretty solid price, though if all you're doing is gaming and general use there isn't much point to a hexa-core. They excel in mutli-threaded programs, like CAD, 3D modeling, and things like that.

Other words, 4 cores are better for gaming? And yea I use it mostly for games, maybe some Pohtoshope stuff, but not that mutch and not any huge photos...so main use is gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom