A couple random questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Ok, I just got my motherboard and PSU delivered today, still waiting on the case though.

I opened up the box for my mobo, and was looking at it in awe. I noticed it only had two IDE slots. I wanna run a DVD burner and a DVD drive, or two DVD burners. I also want to use a floppy drive. Do I really need one though? I read on a site that it is good to have one in case drivers and such come on floppys, but I dunno.

The mobo also came with some yellow cables. By the look of them, I'd say that they are IDE cables. But there are about six I think, and the mobo only has two IDE slots. Why would they give you six cables?

I was briefly skimming through the manual also, and noticed it talking about SLi VGA cards, but I don't have an SLi mobo. When I looked at the mobo though, it has two PCI-e x16 slots next to each other. Are those for SLi, or is the other slot just for a fast-running PCI card?

One last question, 535W will be alright for my setup wouldn't it? I ordered it before I changed my setup up bit to include a 7900GT. Surely a 7900GT won't increase the need for more power by much though would it?

IDE cables, ribbion cables, are long and flat.( unless they're rounded) You usually don't see a ide cable that doesn't have 2 connectors anymore these days. You will have 2 IDE connectors on your mobo, but each ide cable will support 2 ide devices. Floppy disks use a completely different floppy connector.
The 2 pci x16 lanes are NOT SLi. You can't mod them to be sli anymore either.
Yes the psu will handel everything you have in there.

i dunno bout the mobo thing, but im sure 535W is more than enough, its good to have extra watts in case of upgrades.

Would that 535W by anychance be the Enermax?

john3 said:
i dunno bout the mobo thing, but im sure 535W is more than enough, its good to have extra watts in case of upgrades.

Would that 535W by anychance be the Enermax?

Yeah it is. I just got it delivered today. It came with a free Enermax bag! w00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom