Couple of Quick Questions on New Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, thanks guys. If the new 45nm technology quad and new 9800gtx card is coming out, I will just buy everything else and wait on those last.

Plus, you said the DS3L has 4 ports and the DS3R has 8 ports. What does that mean? How is 4 extra ports going to help me? Is it really needed??

John

its used for the HDD and DVD drives, it just gives you the options of adding additional HDD and DVD drives

personally i have a DS3R and i'm putting 2 HDD's and 2 DVD's in to it and upgrading over time with like a blu ray player and so forth, the extra ports give you the option to do so

it also allows you to add external sata ports connected to these for external HDD's

I assume when you say 2 DVD's, does that mean like DVD Burners? If so, I will be adding 1 Lite-On DVD Burner and 1 Seagate 500GB HDD, I might add another 500GB HDD Later, but I doubt I will be needing all those ports and what not.

Also, the EVGA 8800GT Is $199 after MIR which is a steal, the G92 is more near $300 which a little out of my budget. Like I said, I will search around for everything and buy everything, but wait in the end for the processor/graphics card.

Whoa....520HX might be more than enough, but if down the road I would want to add 4GB, OC the Q6600 and get an X38 Mobo, Blah Blah Blah, I would of wished to pay that extra $20 for the 620HX. It's never bad to have more watts just in case, so that is staying at 620hx.

I might get 2GB Crucial instead of 4GB at the moment, I will think about that.

The Q6600 is on an awesome deal, and I better go get it tomorrow before they run out.

And How is the Raidmax terrible? Have you ever owned one? Please let me know, because from what I see, hear, and read about them, they are awesome. They are basically all metal, have 3-4 120mm fans ( Extreme Case ), and has a side drop down mobo tray. IMO That sounds awesome, and at $60, it's a steal.

well u should have mentioned you were going to eventually upgrade, anyway i have used 2 raidmax cases (by request) for a friends builds and both were ugly, poor quality, and flimsy. its up to u but i would not get one.

Hmmm, I see. I guess I will look around more and try to find another case? Any other cases in mind? I'm not a fan of the childish chromey and colorful plastic cases. I would rather have black, normal case, prefer a side window and for it to be sturdy, no weird shapes either. I also don't want a flat black box lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom