Couple Questions on Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
Ok, so I'm gonna put together basically a new system. I have all the parts except for the CPU and GPU and RAM. Basically my budget is gonna be pretty low but not too low. I'm hoping it will be anywhere from 300 to 600. I want almost the best of the best but nothing too insane. Here's what I'm thinking about.

CPU:
Q6600 or an E7200
I would like a quad core, but for something capable of 4.5ghz for 125... I don't know if I can pass that up.

GPU:
9800GTX or 9800GTX+
I don't really want to go ATI, and i like the look of the 9800gtx. Also what kind of difference can i expect from the 9800gtx+ over the regular gtx? Also what's the price of the gtx+ on launch and when is it scheduled to launch?

RAM:
Someone's gonna need to point me in the direction of a good RAM set, 4gb please i'll be running server 08. It needs to be fast but not epically fast, and cheap. Not looking to spend over like 75-80 bucks on it.

Also if you are selling any of the above mentioned items drop me a PM and we will talk

e7200... you're builds don't last long man.. you usually upgrade really quickly.. so by that time you can get a q6600 later on..

9800gtx+ is worth waiting for since I think it comes out in a couple of weeks

I know you hate rebates so let me look for RAM.. and you said you can "stretch" the budget a little

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory ;)

EDIT: again... q6600 it is since you said.. you won't be upgrading for a while ;)

9800GTX+ purpose was to just surpase the 4850 while the 9800GTX levels with it. its gonna be 230ish so not much more from the original one.

Stupid why they didn't just call it the 9800Ultra.

I think he might be considering the HD 4850, if there's a cooler that goes with it (he didn't want it before because they were single slot and would probably run warm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom