1. Soundcard: [for PCI slot] Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim.
Is that decent for gaming as well?
[It does have the inbuilt 3D accuracy]
ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Low Profile PCI Sound Card HDMI1.3 Dolby TrueHD DTS HD-MASTER Bluray Audio
NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Low Profile PCI Sound Card HDMI1.3 Dolby TrueHD DTS HD-MASTER Bluray Audio - XONAR HDAV1.3 Slim In Canada.
- While PCI-e is more future proof, I am sure whenever I would want to upgrade I can just get a PCI-e card.
- As of now though I want the PCI slot one, just so that I can keep a QUAD SLI option (both running at x16) open on an evga x58 sli [1xpciex16; 1xpciex16/x8; 1xpciex8; 1pciex1; 2xpci]
- As for suggestions, the sound card should have a bluray audio support and possibly playback, gaming [5.1 really, my room's not that giant for a 7.1], and music/movies - casual really
was looking into:
Asus Xonar D2 Ultra Fidelity 7.1 PCI Sound Card
Buy the Asus Xonar D2 Ultra Fidelity 7.1 PCI Sound Card at TigerDirect.ca
However I don't know if it has bluray support.
2. TV Tuner:
Are there any good external TV Tuners that would provide HD TV (1080p)(via analog cable, not really interested in OTA - the one from Rogers if you live in Canada), record and playback (capture), and hook up to a console (Wii in my case)?
I've been browsing around and all have iffy reviews (don't need this from newegg.ca or some online retail - can be from the company direct - want to get a good one, regardless of cost [but hopefully under 200 bucks lol])
Corsair P128 CMFSSD-128GBG2D 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Retail
Newegg.ca - Corsair P128 CMFSSD-128GBG2D 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks
Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G1 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Retail
Newegg.ca - Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G1 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks
- using hte SSD for OS, Photoshop, Office, RefManager, MMORPGs, and possibly high end gaming [like Dragon Age - 20GB] - which I'll transfer over to the 1.5TB HDD after I beat it.
Nonetheless, I am looking towards Corsair - seems to have better stats. but your pref?
TY for your help =).
Almost done finalizing parts, and want to order the parts next week - and finish building it before university starts.