Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cause I already bought the Corsair 520HX for $78 shipped. I didn't think I would run 680i and SLi with 9600GT's. I guess that's the plan then. I will put most of my money in the computer and keep the monitor/mouse/keyboard I have now and later get newer stuff.

And **** 4.0ghz on a Q6600?! That's awesome, is that air cooled or water cooled? If Air, that would pretty impressive. I will want 3.6-3.8 OC out of my q6600 later on down the road, maybe stay at 2.4 for a while, then 3.0, then 3.4, and lastly 3.8 if I decide I want more. I can always change out the PCU or PSU or what not.

The total will be $1200 for this whole setup. Ouch Ouch Ouch !!

ya people can just over do it though and be so demanding, 4ghz for daily use... psh..

LOL I was just surprised. I will keep it at 3.0-3.2 daily so it's stable. I'm sure the 2.4 will be good enough for me when I first get the computer. I have a P4 2.4 Ghz with 256mb Ram, 40GB HD, 64MB DX7 GPU, and the computer is OK, but it lags a little in loading time or when you open 2-3 programs. So the new stuff would kill. That's why I'm thinking, if I get a DS3L and 8800GT, it will still be a pretty **** good computer and it will last me a long time as I don't HAVE to have the BEST of the BEST in the computer. With this crappy and laggy gpu, I played CS, NFS MW and Both GTA's and didn't really mind expect for the slow loading. With the new stuff and DS3L/8800GT, it will be insane jump for me. That is why I'm not sure if shelling out the extra $170 for the Evga 780i/Dual 9600GT's would be worth it. Can someone tell me the difference between the two?

I guess from what I understand, the 780i OC's safely and more than the DS3L, it has up to 3-way SLi, and overall it's much faster and better? That means it's also more future proof since If I want to upgrade, I can always add another 9600GT while in the DS3L I would be stuck with 1 8800GT and it won't OC or have anything special right?
John

i use to have the ds3l and build a coulple rigs with the ds3l and it oc's just fine.
I got the ds3r which is really similar and it overclocks pretty good...

its up to you if you wanna spend more money and deal with sli.

you people are so demanding!!

but what that seems somewhat acceptable with a good DD kit, don't forget the golden rule of WC, don't cheap out!

So Should I go 780i and Dual 9600GT's or should I go DS3L and 1 8800GT?

I thought about it this way, it's either cheapest or all out. I won't have an option of the DS3L and 8800GTS because then it would be only $70 more for much better, so it's either DS3L and 8800GT VS EVGA 780i and Dual 9600GT. Price difference is about $225-250.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom