Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Well, here is my order:

EVGA 8800GTS G92 OC to 678Mhz
Corsair 520HX PSU
Intel Q6600 (Not sure if g0 or b3)
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Case
Gigabyte DS3L MoBo
Crucial Ballistix 2X2GB Ram
Seagate 500GB 32MB Cache HD

Should I get the DS3L and overclock it to 1600 FSB or should I get a X38 Bit, 680i, or Asus Mobo. Please let me know if it's worth the extra $100. I will have 1 Internal HD which is the Seagate and probably won't need another (Maybe I will) but I don't think I need anything crazy. And all of this OC'ed I think would be more than enough for me. Also what the F is the T.R.U.E.? I keep hearing about it, but I forgot which Thermalite or w/e fan it is. Can someone help me out?
John

I took a look at those X38/680i/780i Mobo's and they handle 1333/1066Mhz, 8GB Ram, and Quad Cores. Why are they much more expensive than the DS3L? It seems basically the same, what does it have the dual SLi and Triple SLi? I don't care about that, if I decide I need to upgrade another 8800GTS G92, I will just upgrade the Mobo, but I doubt I'll need that. What else is the point of this mobo? Does it OC a lot better than the DS3L? The DS3L still OC's and I don't need like 3.5-3.6-3.7Ghz out of my Q6600, what I meant by OC was maybe like 3.0-3.2, maybe 3.3-3.4 at the max. Please let me know. Would the DS3L be good enough for me? Please be specific and not just reply with 1 sentence. Thanks

agreed

you and me discovered the difference between the 620 and 520hx, only get a 620hx if you need a billion drives (optical and hard)

and if you're ordering from Newegg the PC Power and Cooling 610 Silencer is cheaper than the Corsair 520hx
um wasn't that me?
when i was ordering mine i posted it, also i posted the noise lvl chart and that showed the 520hx was much quieter on full load
and if you get the q6600 locally look for SLACR on the product code thingy

Yeh, I will go either tonight or tomorrow to Micro Center and hopefully they will have them out on shelves or something so I can check the coding. B3 is something like SL9UM and the g0 is SLACR. If it's not on the shelves, I will ask the worker to check for it behind the counter and if he asks, I'll tell him the g0 is the newer version and I want that one instead. He can't tell me no though? Unless, he's a ****.

they've prob already replaced the old ones already

does anyone know if they are still $200 at microcenter? Or was that a limited time deal?

um wasn't that me?
when i was ordering mine i posted it, also i posted the noise lvl chart and that showed the 520hx was much quieter on full load
and if you get the q6600 locally look for SLACR on the product code thingy

no you were sound, AMD and me were rail :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom