Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is correct, why make such a big deal about it, I mean its still a rocking PC after all

I changed my CPU from 333Mhz to 350Mhz and my temps are now 30, 34, 32, 26C

I'm at 47C for the GPU, how is that? a little hot, but fine? I'm at 670Mhz Right now and 972Mhz Memory right now. Hey, Krazy, can you get on aim and help me out, it would be much faster.

I scored 10929 the first time with everything stock. It says my Quad is running at 3.0Ghz, but I didn't OC anything, so Idk. I am kind of disappointed, I thought I would get atleast 12000 considering it's a Quad Core, OCable Mobo/Ram/CPU/GPU. I need to OC all of this. I think I might of missed something out on the installation process. For the GPU, you just stick it in the PCI slot and attach the 1 6-pin power cable right? Am I missing something? It just doesn't seem like this computer is all that crazy considering it was $1000+.

Yeh, that's what I said. It even said on the site, average computer has E8400 at 3.0Ghz and 8800GT and they get 11600. I have a Q6600 and 8800GTS G92 and somehow got lower? I think there is something wrong, it doesn't seem right at all. But since I'm new, I don't know what to look for, and all the people on AIM aren't online right now, so I'm kind of...stuck?

have you done ms update...direct x? is nvidia control panel performance bar on performance?
what drivers are you using?
did you have anything open while running 3dmark?

you could reinstall your gpu drivers....you know the safe clean method right?

Hey, Krazy. I added you on my BL for aim, if you could please just sign on there it would be way easier to get your help.

I have not done MS Update or Direct X update. The Nvidia Panel Bar is on Quality, I'm using the newest drivers which are 169.21.

I did a little of OC'ing and got new news. My GPU is 715 Mhz Core and 978Mhz Memory. My CPU is 2.88Ghz and is running at around 34,33,37,30 at a little over idle. Under the Stress test, Prime 95, it was stable for a couple of minutes and the hottest a core got was 50C, the rest were around 40-42C. I will try to bump up the FSB to 400Mhz and 9x Multiplier and then get back.

Also, without changing anything but the CPU to 2.88Ghz and GPU to 715Mhz, I redid 3dMark06 and scored 13289. I still have a lot to go. I should be near your 16,000 mark.

Alright, thanks to the help of krazyq, I set everything to stock, installed the new drivers, and ran 3dmark06 once more and got 12,305. Thanks again krazy. You were really helpful with telling me how to reinstall the drivers. I appreciate it, now I think I will just OC it to 3.0Ghz and call it a day. What should I OC the GPU to? 700mhz? 715mhz? 730mhz?
John

oc you gpu in small incrementals and then test it...no need to push it high right away and then mess your card up.
Go slowly... go up by like 10 and then test for like 5-10mins...then do it again.
once your set...test it for like 30 mins....if it fails, lower it by like 5 at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom