Couple Hours Left... Intel Price Drop... JULY 22nd... Strategies/Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
So I was wondering... what happens if, on July 22 the price on the CPU's are higher than expected? Lets say the e6750 is selling for something like $204 and q6600 is selling for $300.

I know there were many posts about this, but is the price on the e6750 going to be $183 on Newegg? I think it'll be around $200... but even after about 2 weeks, do you guys think the price will lower or stay the same at the July 22 price.

I just don't want to be one of those fools that orders as soon as it is available on Newegg and buy it for $220, then a couple days or a week later it drops to like $190. That would suck.

Anyone have a strategy? Or are you going to buy July 22nd no matter what..?

Well the G0 stepping CPUs probably wont come in for a few weeks, until all the older CPUs have gone. So by this time the prices will have settled as well. So wait a few weeks.

OMG.... LOL. I was waiting for this day forever... and now to wait even longer... :(

Maximum I'll wait after July 22 is two weeks... after two weeks... I'll just order the e6750, if the price is reasonable.

Wait a minute, so the e6750 won't be $183, right? That is for bulk purchases from what I have heard... and it seems to make sense.

i think the e6750's are all G0...its just the Q6600's are still B3's

if you want a Quad. i'd wait about 2 more weeks to be 100% you get a G0

i think the e6750's are all G0...its just the Q6600's are still B3's

if you want a Quad. i'd wait about 2 more weeks to be 100% you get a G0

Yeh your right, i didnt think about that.

G0 stepping basically means a lower power consumsion, lower temps, and they will O'C farther.

So if you plan to get any of the xx50 chips you dont have to wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom