Could you please help me set up my first new SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all!

Ok, I just purchased my very first SSD and I am really excited [it feels like Christmas time]. I am asking for help in setting it up. Can someone here help me please?

Here is the model: OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2 [60gb]. I found it at fairly good price at NE here: Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

They advertise it by saying this: "Highest Score for a SSD ever tested by ThinkComputers." To be honest with you, I am not sure exactly what that indicates...not sure if it is hype or actually a truly fast SSD.

Here's the system I intend to build:

AMD 1055T 125 watt version [whoops, now I am thinking maybe I should have waited for the 95 watt version...]
GA 890XA-UD3
G.Skil F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ RAM
WD 750, WD 1.5,
Corsair H70
Enermax 720 or XFX 650 [still tryin' to decide which]
CM Storm Sniper
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I have read conflicting reports about what to do with AHCI. Not sure which way to go on this setting.

Also, not sure how to set up Page File, Temp Folders, Defrag, ect.

I was hoping I could find someone here that can kinda guide me through the process.

After reading quite a few posts from many different forums, I still feel kinda lost.

I keep hearing that it is imperative and very beneficial to set it up correctly from the start [from da git go].

That's why I am here and why I am asking for help.

Ok, your turn.

Soar

Attachments

• OCZ Agility 2.JPG
    OCZ Agility 2.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 180
I just got my Corsair SSD the other day, and the one important thing I can you is to remove any other hard drive you whilst installing the OS on the SSD. Otherwise you'll run into problems withing booting up etc.. After it is installed, go ahead and connect any other drives you may have.

SP,

That was exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you!

I just got my Corsair SSD the other day, and the one important thing I can you is to remove any other hard drive you whilst installing the OS on the SSD. Otherwise you'll run into problems withing booting up etc.. After it is installed, go ahead and connect any other drives you may have.

Zild,

Ok, will do! Thanks for your good advice!

Soar

When you start going thru the SSD Guide - you won't be able to run the SSD Tweak Utility until .NET Framework 4 is installed. You'll need to run Windows Update until it's installed. But you can do all the tweaks manually and just skip the utility, which is what I've been doing.

When you start going thru the SSD Guide - you won't be able to run the SSD Tweak Utility until .NET Framework 4 is installed. You'll need to run Windows Update until it's installed. But you can do all the tweaks manually and just skip the utility, which is what I've been doing.

Slay, Ok, sounds good! I'll attempt to install the .NET Framework 4 ASAP so I can install the SSD Tweak Utility. Hope it isn't too difficult. I suppose I will run the Windows Update until it says Windows is totally up to date, then it will be ready for the Tweak.

Thanks again.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom