Could you guys help me in building a computer please? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
K..i need vista to run the new computer properly right? : o

Whats the difference between this Vista Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

And Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 - Operating Systems ( the one originaly recommended) ?

They are both 64-bit and they are both "Ultimate" but one is a lot cheaper..

:eek: other than that..and the sound card thing..i think I'm about ready to click buy :D

Already made a account with this egg store ^_^

Oh, i read that if you own Windows XP- you can upgrade to Vista for a discount :eek: is this true?

1. I keep hearing "heat sink" and "cooling unit" and how vital it is for computers, i didn't see anything like a cooler thingy in the list..but i read the tower case is suposta to give good airflow- dose that mean i don't need once, and why no one recommend one?
The heatsink is a fan that sits on your Intel core i7 920 Nehalem 130w CPU(central processing unit) to keep it cool. I didn't see a fan for the CPU coming with the motherboard? Sometimes it comes in the CPU box? Need help here?
4. If i mis-plug something in when I'm building it, will it hurt the computer? :p
Most of the plug-in stuff is "keyed" to keep builder from plugging it in backwards.
I'm sure Zac can plug everything in himself..but if its easy enough- i would like to do it for him and surprise him big
With your previous gpu(video card) experience, your already familiar with plugging cards in the right place. The thing I would do is when everything gets in lay it out and get familiar with the build instructions. I'm impatient sometimes but if I take time reading and understanding directions the repition makes it easier for me. You already know what the computer case is, motherboard is and a the power supply unit. These are the three biggest components.

K..i need vista to run the new computer properly right? : o

Whats the difference between this Vista Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

And Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 - Operating Systems ( the one originaly recommended) ?

:eek: other than that..and the sound card thing..i think I'm about ready to click buy :D

Already made a account with this egg store ^_^

In other words, you are asking the difference between OEM and Retail..

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/differences-between-oem-retail-171393/#post1349335

That's a sticky in the Windows section that explains it by our resident Windows smart guy, Alex

sound card is not needed, by no means. it is just a little nice thing to have. the onboard sound will suffice.

The heatsink is a fan that sits on your Intel core i7 920 Nehalem 130w CPU(central processing unit) to keep it cool. I didn't see a fan for the CPU coming with the motherboard? Sometimes it comes in the CPU box? Need help here?

the stock heatsink that comes with the core i7 will be fine.

Ok! great thanks guys! :D

I think i have the final build now :D

Monitor : Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support - Retail
Model #:ET.FP3WP.001
Item #:N82E16824009125

Computer tower case: Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Model #:Twelve Hundred
Item #:N82E16811129043

Motherbord : BIOSTAR TpowerX58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Model #:TpowerX58
Item #:N82E16813138135

Video card: XFX GX285NZDFF GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail ( 2 of them)

PSU : CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail ( Yes i learned a computer acronym! yay me! :D )

CPU : Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail
Model #:BX80601920
Item #:N82E16819115202

Memory : OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1866C9LV6GK - Retail
Model #:OCZ3P1866C9LV6GK
Item #:N82E16820227380 ( I think its the memory : P )

C drive... is it a C drive? : o SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F - OEM
Model #:SH-S223F
Item #:N82E16827151171

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Model #:WD1001FALS
Item #:N82E16822136284

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders - OEM
Model #:66R-02034
Item #:N82E16832116493

Look good? :D

Oh..now some of these things said they come with free "Far Cry 2, and Call of Duty: World at War" Do i need to click on anything to get them? I'm not sure what Far Cry is, but i know he liked Call of duty 2 and 1- so I'm sure he would like this one ^_^

for the extra $55 bucks I'd go with philbar's suggestion bc this can be installed on 3 machines.

This system being this new Clover shouldn't have a problem with getting other hardware's 64-bit drivers will she?

Oh..now some of these things said they come with free "Far Cry 2, and Call of Duty: World at War" Do i need to click on anything to get them? I'm not sure what Far Cry is, but i know he liked Call of duty 2 and 1- so I'm sure he would like this one ^_^

World of Warcraft has a $15 a month fee to play. But that they're giving for free is just a book I believe.
Now I'm getting jealous.lol jj
C drive... is it a C drive? : o SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F

This is what you put your music cd's and dvd's in etc...

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

This Hard drive is the C drive.....tomato....tomato

Hehee, thank you all so much :D
I hope he likes it =^.^= <---- kitty face :p

:eek: i hope you wont mind if i pop back in if i have trouble hooking things up xD
Hopefully i wont..but you never know :p

I feel smarter just talking to you all ^_^

Oh..well maybe i will get the retail..do you think its worth it? :eek:

They should either come in the box with the product or be automatically be added to your newegg cart with that item.

There isn't really a need to get Vista Ultimate, Vista home premium is almost exactly the same but is a lot cheaper.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

Also you could save $245 by getting a single hD 4870x2 instead of the 2 GTX 285's. The HD 4870x2 should still be able to max out any game at 1900x1200.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-CDF9 Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Oh it is..? :/ i know less about operating systems than i did about computers in general :p

:eek: hopefully someone else will say something.. :p I'd love to save money..but i also want to give him the very very best- that wont change to anything less than max for a couple years :eek:

What do you all think about Puddle Jumper's suggestions? :eek:

*off topic :x* Crap..i need 100 posts to go to the buy sell part of the forum? : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom