Could somebody finish this build for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input. Is there one similar board that has sli that you would recommend? I have another thread started called "to sli or not" and you'll see what my plans are. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, a more direct question. Why is the board you suggested better than the one i picked out, besides the USB3 i don't see much difference.

Kevin

SLI is an Nvidia exclusive on AMD boards, so if you want SLI you will have to use the Nvidia.

The board I recommended is basically the same board using the AMD 880G chipset.

Personally I would rather have a single more powerful card than a couple of lower cards running SLI/Crossfire.

hey trotter, i'm now leaning more towards the motherboard you suggested. My only question is it says ram speeds of 1066, 1333, and 2000. My plan was to use 1600, if it does 2000 should it not also do 1600? Also, in the title it says crossfire ready, but i guess with a 16X and a 4X pci-e it would be a s***y crossfire setup wouldn't it???

thanks

Kevin

Yes, it will do 1600. You will have to set the speed in the BIOS to get it exact.

The x4 might hamper throughput a bit, but it still puts through a lot. Here's a chart for you.

pcie%5Fslots400.gif

1.6 GBps in dual directions is still a lot of data being moved. While the x16 may be able to handle 6.4 GBps, no card on the market can saturate that much bandwidth.

Both #1 and #2 are 790 boards. Of those two, I would go with #1.

Regarding the Gigabyte board, I would still go with #1 unless you just have to SATA6 and USB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom