could i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i have 1000 dollars.. i can only build like around xmas cause it's gonna be my gift.. can i build a vista ready gaming machine for 1000?

I built my rig for 1050 and I will be able to upgrade to vista.
-motherboard abit kn8 SLI ready
-cpu athlon 64 3500 venice core
-gfx card geforce 6600 256mb
-ram geil ddr2
-HD 200gig maxtor
-PSU cool max 450watt
that was like 7 months ago

Why??? cause it's cool max??? or cause it's 450W?? Cool max makes some decent PSU's IMO... I've had this one for almost a year now and it's going strong...

im not gonna buy vista... ima "borrow" it... but do u think i can make a conroe system with 2 gigs of ram, etc.. for 1000??? i got a keyboard and monitor and dvd burner... i just need everything else... think it can be done??

no point sitting here in july and trying to guess what will happen at the end of thsi year...by the end of this year things will have changed alot........so stop wasting ur ttime asking these questions now...technology moves fast..things will chgange by xmas time

Hes got a point. By then Conroe will be going strong and you will really be able to determine what you can buy then. Also, anything thats capable of running DX9 games pretty smoothly will be able to run Vista quite well. Just by then i hope you add a DX10 G80 or R600 to the mix. Then you will really be able to run Vista and its games. That is of course if you have everything else and your still "borrowing" it.
I'm surprised that isn't dead by now
Used to power an OCed X2 3800+, OCed 6800GT, 2 HDs, DVD RW and CD RW, Live Drive and 7 fans plus 2 cathodes on an Antec 450watt smart power before i got my Ultra X-Connect. No problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom