Could EIDE ATA100 HDD cause skipping in BF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boma

In Runtime
I have a A64 2800+, Leadtek 6600GT AGP, Corsair Value 1Gig Dual ch. (running in single channel mode), DFI Lanparty NF3 board, Ultra 600watt PSU, etc.

I'm running at 1280x1024 with medium-high setting on BF2.

On some maps (Dalian plant, Daquing Oilfields) it skips like crazy every 2 seconds, but runs smooth in between.

My hard drive is a Seagate 120GB EIDE ATA100 or whatever hard drive.

I know I should be using SATA but this hard drive works fine reliability-wise.

Could this be cause of the stutters? I can see that my hard drive light is continuously blinking on those certain maps.

HELP.

I got that when having it on all high settings with a 6800 128mb. I came to the conclusion that it was a lack of graphics card memory. It was fine if I turned smoothly, and no matter what was happening in front of me, but when I turned quickly, there was a little stutter.

ouch. BUt I just got this video card =(.

Could you tell me SATA is that much faster than Regular ATA hard drives?

Or if Setting my memory to Dual Channel (once i upgrade the boarrd and chip) will make a big difference?

hmm i dont think its your hdd

im pretty sure its your graphics card putting the settings to high, try all med settings

Sorry, I said it a bit harshly, but I had the same trouble, it annoyed me, as it ran perfectly well on high, apart from the stuttering when moving.

SATA doesn't make that much difference.

Dual channel does create a nice performance increase, due to 3.2gb/s bandwidth ion sigle, and 6.4gb/s in dual channel. Realworld performance increase, I think is around 10-20% difference.

Try updating the drivers. The 8*.** ones are out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom