Could Anybody Help Me Build My PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexusbird

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, my current pc is alright but the motherboard is going to crap as a capasitator is dieing. I want to build a new computer i of course want it to be as cheap as possible but i dont want crap hardware :p. I will be using the computer for lots of editing, photo editing, video editing, 3d modeling, games, etc.

If you can suggest parts for me i would appreciate it, here is what im after. Also best mention i live in the UK so ordering from New Egg isnt an option, but a good alternative is Overclockers.

Motherboard:
Processor:
Power Supply:
Hard Drive:
Memory:
Computer Case:
Cd-Rom:

(Already keeping my Hd Readon 4870 GFX card)

If someone could help me id be for ever in your debt :)

well i have a

x-power 650 watt power supply
asus m2n-sli-deluxe MB
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 3.0gz processor
500gig hard drive
corsaire ddr2 6 gig memory

you could reuse your current hdd and stick with your 6gigs of ddr2 ram. that should save a good bit of money.

what case do you have, might be able to reuse that along with your current optical drive too.

whats your budget for this rebuild? is it just for parts or is including mouse/ keyboard and OS?

Hey muffin, thanks for replying, kinder glad you did.

Ok, I have a horrible case so i do want a new one, one that looks nice that has a side window. My budget can go upto £600 - pound, I wouldnt mind a new keyboard and monitor too, but my main concern is a good motherboard and processor to keep up with intense video editing.

I run windows vista 64 bit, im looking to also get windows 7 64bit on the upgrade.

so basically:

CPU
motherboard
keyboard/mouse
monitor

that's all you need? rest is reuseable..and for $600 ish

what websites do you usually use?

and for $600 ish

£600 not $600.

ok, so here are a few cases w/ side windows
Antec 600 Six Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - Black [0761345-15260-0] Cases Antec
Antec 900 Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan - No PSU - Ebuyer
Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two Ultimate Gaming Case - Black [0761345-08010-1] Cases Antec
Coolermaster Storm 'Scout' Gaming Case - Black [SGC-2000-KKN1-GP] Cases Coolermaster
Coolermaster CM-690 Pure Black Windowed Dominator Case - Black [CM-RC-690K-KWN1-GP] Cases Coolermaster
Coolermaster HAF 922 Case with Window - Black [] Cases Coolermaster
you also might be able to find some others, depending on how much you want to spend on it.

i would get a new psu because the one you currently have is not from a good brand

this one would be good
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply [OCZ500MXSP-UK] Power Supplies OCZ
or if you might want to run a second 4870, get this one
XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular Power Supply [P1-650X-NLG9] Power Supplies XFX

cpu
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz Socket AM3 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

mobo

if youre gonna stick to 1 gfx card
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 770 Socket AM2+ 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
or this one that supports dual gfx cards
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P AMD 790X (Socket AM3/AM2+) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard [GA-MA790X-UD3P] Motherboards AMD AM2+ (AMD Chipset)

and you can reuse your current ram, gfx card, hdd and optical drive.

as far as upgrading to win7, if you want to use the upgrade software, i think it needs to be the same version of vista youre currently using as in; vista home premium -> w7 home premium/ vista ultimate -> win7 ultimate.

^^^^ I know that lol...i just don't feel like finding an alt code or something to put the pound sign over the dollar sign lol. And that's why I asked for websites, if I thought he was american I would of just assumed newegg and picked from there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom