Corsair Power Supply 750watt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racasdorph

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I am looking for a good power supply for my soon to be built computer.

I have found the CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX ATX12V / EPS12V 750W Power Supply. Is Corsair a reliable PSU company? I see it has 4 x PCI-E connectors which is great for me if i ever want to cross fire.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX ATX12V / EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Retail

It has a single 12v rail...I have seen other power supplies with 2 and 4 12v rails...is having more better?

I will be running a Q9450 on an Asus Maximus Board and hoping to crossfire. I will also be running with 4 gigs Gskill ram and possible 2 raptors.

I want a reliable power supply that will last me along time, that is future proof! :D

The corsair 550vx or 520 hx will be enough. I'm running a q6600 at 3.6ghz and 2 8800gt cards off of the 520. The penryn will be much less power hungry than my q6600, and also, dont buy the ati cards, as they are crap compared to the 8800GT.

As far as "future proof" power supplies go, everything right now is about as power hungry as possible. CPUs and GPUs are all getting more efficient. Unless you plan to run quad sli/crossfire, the 520hx will be enough.

More rails is not better. In fact it has been found that a large single 12V rail is better than multiple smaller rails. Not "Much" better, but better still.

Multiple rails come in handy when you are running dual video cards and lots of hard drives. Multiple rails dont just add up to the combined total.

Is overkill bad if money isnt an issue? when it comes to the price of power supplys... does it hurt the power supply if it is not ever pushed to 750?

Is overkill bad if money isnt an issue? when it comes to the price of power supplys... does it hurt the power supply if it is not ever pushed to 750?
If you're going to overkill, do it on the power supply. So it won't hurt at all. Probally will be nice on your electric bill, and will run cooler, hence less power needed to power the power supply (lulz) and wala, a cooler, faster, less power consuming PSU!

So yes good to overkill on PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom