Corsair 620HX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsesar

Baseband Member
I was wondering if anyone currently or has previously used the Corsair 620HX power supply? I am looking at it because I've heard it's quiet and utilizes modular cables. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little concerned that the cables might not reach.. I'm going to be putting this into an Antec P180 and because the PSU is located in the bottom, I've heard I'll need longer-than-average cables. Newegg reviews say the cables are fine in the Antec 900, but I don't know if the two cases are comparable. Anyone know?

i have the antec 900 and the 520hx, its a GREAT PSU, and the modular parts are nice. in terms of reaching its a BIT tight for my secondary mobo connection, but not really terribly tight by any means. hope this helps. since the p180 is a mid tower (presumably similar dimensions to the 900 [check on newegg, im too lazy]) the cords should all be fine.

hope this helps

The P180 is a bit bigger than the Antec 900, but I think the cable length should be fine. I've seen it done before. I think it was decibal. He has a P180 case, and I think he used a Corsair PSU. Check the wire management thread, for pictures.

On the Corsair 620HX. It's an excellent quality, high performance, and rock stable PSU. Very recommended.

If God used a PSU, it would probably be the Corsair 620HX. 'nuff said.
And the cables should realistically fit any case. That also depends on how you manage them. i.e. running them unnecessary distances to go aroun and avoid things or keep them out of sight. Fits well in the Thermaltake Armor Full Tower.

I was wondering if anyone currently or has previously used the Corsair 620HX power supply? I am looking at it because I've heard it's quiet and utilizes modular cables. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little concerned that the cables might not reach.. I'm going to be putting this into an Antec P180 and because the PSU is located in the bottom, I've heard I'll need longer-than-average cables. Newegg reviews say the cables are fine in the Antec 900, but I don't know if the two cases are comparable. Anyone know?
what are your system specs?
the 520hx could be sufficiant, and is $71 after MIR on www.clubit.com

what are your system specs?
the 520hx could be sufficiant, and is $71 after MIR on ClubIT.com - Find Great Deals On Computer Parts, Laptop Parts, Desktop Computers, Notebooks, and Electronics

Haven't gotten it yet, but here's what I'm looking at:

(thanks again to b1 for the help with the build)

Antec P180 (silver)
ASUS P5K Deluxe
Q6600 G0
2 x 1GB Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-800
XFX 8800Ultra 768MB
Corsair 620HX (or 520HX)
Western Digital Caviar SE16 750GB
Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Tuniq 120 or Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme

Oh, and I may want to upgrade to an SLI configuration in the future, assuming I find the funds for a second GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom