Correct Cpu With Gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hey guys, im going to upgrade my PC very soon and i have made up my mind about the gpu i shall buy but i dont want to buy a shitty cpu with it and not get the full performance out of my gpu due to the lack of processing power from my cpu. Thanks in advance. Can you reccomend a good cpu with the gpu i plan to buy.

(Could i possibly be ok with a amd athlon 64 3200+) ?

My gpu:
eVGA Nvidia Geforce 7900gt
Core Clock: 500Mhz
Memory Clock: 1500Mhz

My Ram:
(2x 512) Corsair PC 3200 sticks

My Mobo:
Asus A8N-E ATX AMD

Thanks again.

The fsb on that cpu is half less than the Amd cpu is that ok? How much will the affect the performance compared to that Amd?

Now that i think about it i totally forgot about overclocking like you said, haha sorry, is it easy to overclock with intel? What fan should i buy with it? I dont want to fry it.

Well, if you want to get to 4.1Ghz, you are going to have to get water cooling. It just gets too hot. The FSB is what you change for overclocking. Change the FSB from 533Mhz to 800Mhz and BAM! 4.0Ghz processor.

However, there are a lot of other things to consider with overclocking. You will need to get a good overclockable motherboard, RAM, and a good power supply. You also have to know what you're doing. Don't want to screw something up, and have it cost you a new system.

If you would like to stick with AMD, why not go with an Opteron? They can be overclocked quite well, too.

Knowing my bad luck history and low budget ill stay with a Amd cpu and not try to overclock. Does a 2800+ seem reasonable with that gpu?

How do i know what to look for when buying a cpu and gpu as far as wanting them to be in sync with each other and what not? And not bottlnecking anything.

dude u have an AMD mobo, you cant get the PD. If you can go alittle over your budget ($20) u could get an Opty 144 (1.8GHz stock) and OC it to 2.6Ghz on air if not more. (Good CPU Cooler, Thermaltake Big Typhoon, Scythe Ninja - HUGE!!!!, among others by zalman and stuff) Make sure you mobo is s939 for the opteron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom