Core2QuadEXTREME vs I7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
I know I know I know.....................This question has been asked almost a million times...............But ive never seen a comparision between these 2 specific models.............so wich one is better???

Please give me all the +ve and -ve points for both the proessors.

Don't worry about the budget.....I gust wanna know the goods and bads

Well, the i7 920 is obviously more powerful, however it requires DDR3 memory, which can be expensive (relative to DDR2, which the quads can take).

It would help if we knew which QuadExtreme you're talking about?

Doesn't really matter which "Quad Extreme" he's talking about, since the only ones available right now are the QX9650 and the QX9770, which are both over 1000 bucks and still not as powerful as the $300 i7 920.

You can build a whole i7 system for around 1200 bucks, while one of the Extreme processors is at least 1000 on it's own.

The QX series is as good as dead now.

just get the 920 anything else is a waist of money!

I wouldn't say that. The core i7 club has a high entrance fee. You have to buy an expensive cpu, an expensive motherboard, expensive ram, maybe a new psu and a new heatsink.

Some may not have the cash to toss around to do that. Core 2 is still a viable option, especially for those with dual cores who may want to go quad for cheap.

guys guys........I told you....dont compare the price!!!......ust the features......

there is no comparison with relation to the features... i7 is faster clock for clock and offers incredible memory bandwidth... and even tho you dont wanna know, a 920 is almost 200% more economic (ie price vs performance) than any extreme yorkfield

Purely features? We did. But it's kind of a big deal when something that costs over 1000 dollars less performs a **** of a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom